Feature Friday: Jennifer Lynn Jewelry


What do you get when you mix gemstones with inspired creativity? Truly spectacular jewelry and that is exactly what you will find at Jennifer Lynn Jewelry on Etsy. I ran across Jennifer’s store at the beginning of the year when I was searching for a necklace to showcase my femininity. Instantly I was drawn to her collection of bracelets, earrings, and necklaces. Although it was a tough decision, I ultimately ended up purchasing Pool….Aqua Chalcedony and Sterling Silver pendant.

It’s perfect size, shape, and color reminds me of the smooth glass I used to find on the beach as a kid. It personifies cool water on a hot summer day which is why I connected to it. The subtle glow gives it life and a sense of energy. I wear it almost every day and have received numerous compliments from people.

So who is Jennifer Lynn Jewelry? Jennifer is a Minnesotan whose love of jewelry manifested at an early age. The first pieces she ever sold were seed bead daisy chains and woven bracelets. Look how far she has come. Jennifer has a knack of interpreting what each gemstone she works with is destined to be. The pictures alone speak to the nature of each piece and the superior craftsmanship that goes into it.

Recently I had the pleasure of asking Jennifer about her craft and here is what she had to say:

Me: What inspires the designs that you come up with?                  

Jennifer: Inspiration, for me, comes from anywhere and everywhere: flowers, nature, the stones themselves, a picture, and colors. Sometimes, just the color of a stone will invoke a feeling or a memory and I just have to make something with that stone right then and there.

Me: What do you like most about designing jewelry? What is most challenging?                      

Jennifer: I find creating jewelry very therapeutic. It is my 'me' time. I can get lost in my bead laboratory (as my husband calls it) for hours and block everything else out. Personally, the best part of designing/selling is knowing that someone across town, the state, or the globe is enjoying a piece of jewelry I made with my own two hands. The most challenging would have to be pictures!

Me: Do you have plans to turn your hobby into a career?                              

Jennifer: I would love to turn my hobby into a career. I love the idea of being my own boss, setting my own hours, and being an entrepreneur. But, for now, I am happy with it just being a hobby. A hobby that has earned me a few bucks, made me some lifelong friendships, and ultimately makes me happy!

Thank you, Jennifer, for taking the time to visit with us, sharing your work, and adorning women with beauty and style. I encourage you to swing by Jennifer Lynn Jewelry to find something that speaks to you.

0 comments: